Here’s to strong women. May you know them. May you raise them. May you be them.— unknown
The Dear Daughters Wisdom Project began both as a legacy for my amazing girls (see photo above!) and as a tribute to my mom–a kind, funny, beautifully wise woman. I’ve been soul scribbling for Dear Daughters all my life…even though I didn’t consciously realize it.
Read the journal entry that started it all.
Someday I’m gonna kick the bucket. Could be tomorrow, could be in 50 years. Regardless, once the bell tolls, I will no longer be physically accessible for life chats.
Sadly, it’s only after I’m dust in the wind, that you’ll FINALLY realize how truly wise I was. And while you’re in the throes of that mind blowing epiphany, you’ll wish with all your hearts that you’d recorded/memorized/imprinted every last bit of my sage advice.
Not to worry. I’m doing it for you now.
What You’ll Be Receiving.
Musings, favorite quotes, mantras, happiness tips, poems, books, songs, cautionary tales, secret dance moves, inappropriate coping mechanisms, stories, fables, activities, resiliency tools, axioms, pumper-uppers, commentary, warnings, random but helpful rants, recipes, product recommendations, & more.
All of this impending wisdom will be real, heartfelt stuff delivered with sass, ‘cuz that’s how I roll. Some of it will be gleaned from my individual life experiences, while some of it will be knowledge passed down from my mother, grandmothers, aunts, and other female mentors and heroines.
My Hopes For You and Our Women’s Wisdom Legacy Book
- That you’ll read each entry at least once.
- That you’ll treasure it as the gift that keeps on giving.
- That it will provide comfort, laughter, and a kick-butt life survival kit.
- That it will serve as a continuous reminder and reinforcement of how much I love you.
- That it will help you understand yourself.
- That it will provide a powerful inter-generational connection to your female ancestors.
- That it will inspire you to follow in my footsteps–to capture, record, and pass on your/our women’s wisdom to the next generation.
- That it will encourage women all over the world to do the same.
All my Love!
The Mission of the Dear Daughters Wisdom Project
WHy this mission is important
One day we as mothers, mother-in-laws, stepmothers, grandmothers, godmothers, aunts, mentors, and sage female friends will pass on. And our family knowledge, traditions, secrets, cautionary tales, mantras, best jokes, and–please god, don’t ever do this advice–will pass on with us.
All that wisdom lost.
What to Expect
- Expect a new Dear Daughters Wisdom Project post (my woman’s wisdom!) on a regular basis
- Expect information on Create Your Woman’s Wisdom Legacy Book writing course
- Expect this project to evolve yet stay true to its mission
Stay in the know, sign up below!